Pages

Are You Afraid?



About four years ago, my friend and I were mountain-hiking when we came across a swollen stream. A log was placed across the stream to form a make-shift bridge. It was slippery and there was no handrail.

The prospect of walking on that wet log was frightening. But my friend and I found courage; slowly and carefully we inched our way to the other side.

On our way back, we had to walk on that same path. We had to face that same slippery and frightening log once more. Fully aware of the danger, we made it safely to the other side.

My friend and I were very afraid while we are crossing that make-shift bridge. But we both realized that “being afraid” is what keeps us safe. Much of life poses moral hazard for us. We should never presume in any situation that we’re incapable of falling. All of us, if given the opportunity and circumstances, are capable of falling into sin.

In Ephesians 6:13, we must watch and pray and arm ourselves for every occasion by putting our total trust in God. God is faithful and He will give us the strength to keep from falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment